The Supergun forum

Everything Supergun related
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

The Supergun forum

Post by SuperPang »

Just an idea I had. Hopefully folk will post supergun related queries and pictures/specs here

Meantime, heres my lovely Pana

Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Re: The Supergun forum

Post by Mayhem »

A separate sections dedicated to superguns is definitely not a bad idea. Having someone knowledgeable write a tutorial on how to build a simple 'gun would be an excellent stepping stone up to the heavier drugs in the candy cabinet class ;)

Currently working on my first, an almost overly ambitious combination of checklist features and near zero footprint...
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

Here is my old one..

thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Little something I built and posted around for sale because there is no more room for even a beer can in my room.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/t ... C01637.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/t ... C01630.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/t ... C01631.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/t ... C01628.jpg

I tried to make a Japanese supergun but I wanted the extra convenience that a separate box would give, something only the Sigma AVs seem to do. I also tried to go for more of a cps layout and finish given that it was originally intended for my use to play with friends not in the immediate area. Overall, fun but annoying little project because I had to cut the whole case by hand with substandard tools (think prison shiv quality).

Anyway, glad to see that us killercab addicts have a place to talk again. I swear, I used to check it 10 times a day, but then I started checking it 20 when it went down.

Regards,
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Nice to start the thread/forum with the daddy of all SGs.

Very nice Pang, very nice indeed d00d.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Mayhem wrote:A separate sections dedicated to superguns is definitely not a bad idea. Having someone knowledgeable write a tutorial on how to build a simple 'gun would be an excellent stepping stone up to the heavier drugs in the candy cabinet class ;)
Cracking idea Mayhem. I lose it at the point where you need to add inline resistors to help wit the video signal :?: :?:
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Post by John James Pacinelli »

That is beautiful. Congratulations sir.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

What are those newer all in one PCB SG's like on ebay, any better than the red one he was making before ?
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

My ghetto supergun setup with a JVS->JAMMA adapter :D Still a work in progress :roll:.
Lachlan
Please Continue...

Post by Lachlan »

Here's my supergun, hasn't been tested with a board as of yet but it will be soon. Can't wait to have this on my 37" RGB monitor.

Straight RGB and SYNC, audio is wired for SP+ and SP- with common GND for straight to speaker connection. Front button is for Test/Service.

Some very nice superguns in this thread, very nice indeed.

Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Post by Mayhem »

The humble beginnings of a legendary test rig... 8-)

Once I start I cannot stop myself
Lachlan
Please Continue...

Post by Lachlan »

@Kern,

YES, believe it or not.

Works a beaut too!
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

I'll post a picture of my beast when I finish building some form of case for it.

*edit* okay here we go, most ghetto casing ever

in that picture is the sf2 board hooked into the supergun and the controllers I modded into SG controllers.

this picture is my rgb to ntsc rig. I use a scart switch to to choose which scart cable to convert to nice s-video picture. It's great for something like my sega genesis since I don't have a rgb tv.

Total cost of the entire thing....roughly 150$ canadian. Sure looks like 150$ went into it. Was a fun project, now time to enjoy it.
majors

Post by majors »

Old instument case that was begging to be converted into a supergun. Not much use to me now that I have more cab's.
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

yay I'm not the only person with a disturbing looking case. Thankfully I found some cheap decent arcade sticks so I wouldn't have to invite my friends over to play games on an instrument case. Looks well made though. If you slap pictures of anime girls all over it you could probably sell it to some nerd for an obscene price.

*edit* I forgot to mention what I'm running mine on. It's an ebay special

For interface to my setup I used one of these

http://www.vogatek.com/"

I got it for much less than that price. I think it came to like 25$ US on ebay. I had to modify it though. Added a direct wire from the sync pin on the harness to the sync pin on the scart port. I also connected the left and right pins on the speaker jack. And I disconnected the negative line of the speaker jack so I could plug it into an amplifier.

and for rgb to ntsc conversion I used one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcade-RGB-CGA-to-T ... 240%3A1318"

Again I had to do modifications. The s-video picture coming out of it is very beautiful but the colour saturation was wayyyy too high. Since the luma on it was just right I opened up the s-video cable coming out of it and added 3-4 resistors to it to tone down the colour line. Now it looks perfect.

So these devices work amazingly well for their price but unfortunately they're not quite "ready to use" fresh out of the box. Unless you're happy with using just a headset and having an oversaturated picture that sometimes has sync, you WILL have to do a good amount of modification.
majors

Post by majors »

Drakon wrote: Again I had to do modifications. The s-video picture coming out of it is very beautiful but the colour saturation was wayyyy too high. Since the luma on it was just right I opened up the s-video cable coming out of it and added 3-4 resistors to it to tone down the colour line. Now it looks perfect.
I got the older, non-component jrok convertor and it looks great out of the box. Just don't think you can use composite at all, it's s-vid all the way.
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

majors wrote:
Drakon wrote: Again I had to do modifications. The s-video picture coming out of it is very beautiful but the colour saturation was wayyyy too high. Since the luma on it was just right I opened up the s-video cable coming out of it and added 3-4 resistors to it to tone down the colour line. Now it looks perfect.
I got the older, non-component jrok convertor and it looks great out of the box. Just don't think you can use composite at all, it's s-vid all the way.
oh yeah the thing I use looks like turd over composite. Mine wasn't perfect out of the box, but it was less than half the price of a jrok. And with some cheap resistors it now looks perfect

*edit*

okay my thing is now completely finished. Got in the last parts a few days ago

looks ghetto...but works great.
Last edited by Drakon on January 2nd, 2009, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
fire-bug
Please Continue...
eBay: starkrob

Post by fire-bug »

Heres one I did about 4 years ago, built into an empty MVS cart shell.

-5v > 3.3v
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

gargamel
Please Continue...

Post by gargamel »

Still looking for a good AC/DC adapter that could throw enough juice to play at least atomiswave
=Capcom Mini Cute and Killer Instinct severe addiction=