PS2 / PS3 / 360 joystick decoders, do they exist?

Everything Supergun related
buffi

Re: PS2 / PS3 / 360 joystick decoders, do they exist?

Post by buffi »

I use one of these for PS2-controllers.
http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php? ... ucts_id=50

Look up neo-geo pinouts to see how to get the individual signals from them, it's pretty easy.
SwamiFierceOdjebi
Please Continue...

Post by SwamiFierceOdjebi »

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Spmbx: have you had any luck with this? I have been looking at USB <-> d-sub 15 male connectors, but I would need some sort of logic or drivers (I'm just guessing here).
milkkart
Please Continue...

Post by milkkart »

one way to make a supergun with USB controller ports which i've been looking into is to get a programmable microcontroller with a USB port then get a HID driver or write one for your stick to switch on the right outputs when you hit the buttons.
not sure if id need one for each controller or i could get one with two ports or use a USB hub or something. if i actually get it working i'll post some info.

btw off topic but why can't i start a new thread in the Q&A sections?
milkkart
Please Continue...

Post by milkkart »

ah great, thanks.
mojo

Post by mojo »

I have a working prototype of a Playstation and Saturn to Supergun converter. It uses a modified NeoGeo pinout and supports multiple button mappings. I will probably be looking for beta testers at some point so if you are interested PM me.

My plan is to do a Supergun with built in support for Playstation 1/2 and Saturn controllers, as well as traditional NeoGeo. It will also have some spare "slots" for additional controllers. I might also offer controller converter PCBs on their own, but I'm not sure. The biggest problem is that you can't get the damn sockets for all these custom console controllers. I usually use cut up extension cables, or sometimes connectors harvested from multi-taps.

For USB you would need a microcontroller with USB OTG support such as one of the USB AVRs. PS3 controllers should not be too much of a problem but XBOX 360 could be. It isn't something I am particularly interested in though so I have not looked into it much.
thebluedino
eBay: lysol5001
Initials: TBD

Post by thebluedino »

Toodles on the SRK Tech Talk Forums sells a PCB called a "FG Widget Converter" for $15 each. It comes unassembled and requires some basic soldering and a sacrificed PS2 extension cable. I built a supergun for fun and profit using a pair of them and it turned out perfectly.