SuperGun question

Everything Supergun related
DokiSparkles
Please Continue...
Initials: ELM

SuperGun question

Post by DokiSparkles »

Hopefully this is the right spot for this, I am wiring a friend's SuperGun because he can't solder very well and I like working on things like this, but I don't honestly know much about them other then finding pinouts and such.
I have the whole system rewired in a box, on the outside it has speakers built into the top ( he said that was in case the monitor he was hooked to didn't have sound) and it also has standard audio jacks to hook up to a TV. When he gave it to me to re wire the speakers and external audio jacks where kinda tied together and didn't work well, so I installed a switch so you could select which it goes to. He gave me two things to test it with, one was multi cart that hooks directly JAMMA cable. Hooked it up powered it on works great, has sound at TV flip the audio switch I installed, audio goes to built in speakers sounds great.
The second thing he gave me was a CPS2 board with game, hook it up power it on, everything works except the audio. I had him double check this piece by hooking it into his full size arcade cabinet and with out doing anything the audio works, move it back to the Supergun, no audio.

What can I change to fix this? All I did was install a simple 2 way switch in line with the speaker positive line and ran the negative line direct. And I'm confused as to why it worked with the direct plug on cart but not the indirect cps2?

Again very new to this so if anyone could help me figure this out that would be great!

(Sorry for long post)
NGAES

Re: SuperGun question

Post by NGAES »

Not sure if I understand you correctly here but did you hook the CPS-2 to the RCA jacks? These are un-amped.
DokiSparkles
Please Continue...

Post by DokiSparkles »

No we were trying to just use the sound from the JAMMA so nothing was hooked up to the RCA on the CPS2. And when he tested it in his cabinet it was the same, just pulling sound from the JAMMA not the on board.
DokiSparkles
Please Continue...

Post by DokiSparkles »

So my lay out is this : speaker + runs to the middle control lead on my switch, one switch position runs speaker + to the built in speakers positive speaker side, the other switch position runs speaker + to both oh his RCA jack positive terminal on his SuperGun box.
Speaker - runs to a splitter and one branch goes directly to the negative side of his speakers, the other run to the SuperGun RCA ground.

This setup works with the multi cart, but not the CPS2, and this again is just using pin 16 from JAMMA for speaker + and speaker -
NGAES

Post by NGAES »

Is the CPS2 set to mono in the settings menu?
DokiSparkles
Please Continue...

Post by DokiSparkles »

Not sure about mono setting, but I was finishing cleaning up wires last night and he had me install coin 1 and 2 on the select button, plug it on to test those and sound worked, so dunno what the issue was.
I will say I did notice when it first plugged in the sound was super high so I used the volume down on the cps2 board, and that fixed that.
Thanks for checking, but as of now it's mysteriously working good