Videotopia Turbogun

Everything Supergun related
Mendel
Please Continue...
eBay: 81Mendel
Initials: PNM

Videotopia Turbogun

Post by Mendel »

Ok, so this was in a "it´s for free" thread a while ago and is going to be forwarded to me for free + postage. I dunno if I should be happy or scared. Either it will play some vertical pcbs or it will set the house on fire. yay.
Umm... so... yeah... me being basically crap at fixing things... three questions spring to mind:

1) Anyone have any idea what would be a safe, proper psu for this?

2) Anyone want to take a shot at fixing the "power wiring" or whatever that is?

3) should I just throw it away?

all the pictures about it seem to be gone, I´ll take some pics when I get it :)

edit:

Here´s couple relevant quotes about it for a while ago:
googling for videotopia turbogun brings up jack **** and the arcadeotaku thread where its given away :awe:
Paulie wrote: TAKEN Supergun, Videotopia Turbogun. Again no idea where this came from. Comes with box, manual, supergun pcb and scart lead. Joystick ports look to be DB15 Neo geo style ones. Sorry I'm not including the PSU, it's completely unsuitable and it got quite hot which is worrying when I tested it (obviously I didn't attach a PCB when I tested it) so please be aware of that.
cools wrote:No wonder the PSU is heating up - one it's woefully underpowered (2A on 5V :lol: ) and two the traces and additional power wiring are blinking tiny.

Don't use that PSU with it, and beef up those extra wires to something substantial. As it is right now it's a fire hazard.
Last edited by Mendel on November 7th, 2014, 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Narrowly Avoided Catastrophy owner´s club
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Videotopia Turbogun

Post by cools »

A regular JAMMA PSU will do. Then simply remove the old power wires and solder new thicker ones in place.
Mendel
Please Continue...
eBay: 81Mendel
Initials: PNM

Re: Videotopia Turbogun

Post by Mendel »

basically the whole supergun is just for this game:

http://postimg.org/image/i27oetz7p/"
http://s26.postimg.org/p45m112tk/photo_3.jpg"
(it´s Speed Rumbler in case you dont want to click)

any idea if the game is specially power hungry or not? Trying to think of a power supply which is sufficient for the super gun and the game and I´d rather the psu would not have a fan but would need to be safe :) and preferrably not cost arm and leg.

edit: and now I realize theres a whole forum section for supergun q&a :oops:
Narrowly Avoided Catastrophy owner´s club