Everything Supergun related
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Off my trolley!!!!

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Hey ho d00dz,

So, I made a trolley for my superguns: firstly to get them out of the kitchen; and secondly to make them readily available for play!

I put up a fixed shelf in the alcove to hold the TVs and built a trolley so that the superguns can be wheeled out to play when required.

There's about 2" clearance between the joysticks and the bottom of the TV shelf. Do ya like the pcb shelf? Fits a CPS2 setup nice 'n' snug and the JAMMA edge comes right to the front to connect the pcb. As "luck" would have it, the TVs are the same height as the Aero City monitors and the CPs are at the same height as the Aero City CPs.

Fixed castors at the back makes the trolley easy to "steer" into and out of the alcove. Fixed feet at the front means that the trolley will not wheel all over the place when people are playing games.

It really does tuck away nicely into the alcove out of harm's way when not in use. I may use the bottom shelf for pcb storage but I'm still considering that one as the pcbs would be in direct line of peoples' feet.

All the parts came from B&Q (hence an expensive project) and the nuts 'n' bolts came from srewfix where you can only buy stuff in multiples of 100 :problem:

As usual, any/all feedback gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ralph.
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Re: Off my trolley!!!!

Post by Braintrash »

Is the CPS2 cooling your underbelly stick or your belly coin button?

Anyway, very nice idea, I love it so much I am wondering where I could put this at home. :awe:
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Very nice use of space Ralph. Every inch filled.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Very nice. How about some paint for that smooth finished look? :)

You should also post this here: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28469 :awe:
Emulation's nice when done well
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

AeroCityMayor wrote:
As usual, any/all feedback gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Ralph, that's a bloody lovely set up 8-)

I like the fact that the PCB's are on a separate shelf and that you can pull the trolley out to play then tuck it neatly back into the alcove when not in use. I think that's not only a very cleaver use of space, but also really well thought out with the perfect height of the TV's and the control boxes. Looks like it will be a very comfortable corner of Aero City :awe:

As you know I have a pair of the same TV's and a Vega too so I'm in good company, maybe one day I'll be able to add a Pana to the collection ;)
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

Excellent and lovely setup mr. mayor - but i need to see some Aero City decoration on that trolley - urgently!!! :P
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

That, sir, is looking like a rather fine bit of craftsmanship and good usage of space! :awe:

The only thing cluttering things up are those dastardly superguns...

You are more than welcome to give hem to me if they take up too much space :lol:
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。