Recommend me a Japanese Supergun

Everything Supergun related
Svovl
eBay: clemensnk
Initials: CNK

Recommend me a Japanese Supergun

Post by Svovl »

I have enjoyed looking at the list of japanese superguns (http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19661).
However, which ones would you guys recommend buying?
Which ones are most accessible, gives most value for the money, has best compatibility etc.?

I would need to connect it to a Sony PVM with RGB over BNC, and I would like one with a two-player panel preferably with 6-button layout.
I like the looks of the Sigma Raijin Supergun, would that be a good one to go for?
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Re: Recommend me a Japanese Supergun

Post by wonderbanana »

This ones on eBay but I don't recognise it from the list: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERGUN-ARCA ... 4ac62d38b7"
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Looks homebrew to me!

Pana Twin Long is a very, very nice SG :D

Cheers,

Ralph.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Yep deffo a homebrew job, external atx power supply is a dead give away.

Out of the ones I have my personal fave is the Vega 9000DX, It's a beast, really, really solid and very well made plus it takes a Sega Aero panel which is just :awe:

I have a Raijin, again its a really nice control box, very well made, gives a great picture and it's pretty sexy hunk of metal too, smaller than the Vega so if you are wanting to play with someone else it might feel a bit too cosy .

I also have a long version of the Combo AV again it's another really nice control box, looks very fresh.

I've had a go on Ralph's Pana and that's also a lovely bit of kit plus Ralph's is the majong button version which is pretty darn cool, although I can't play.

I wouldn't rule out the console style Sigmas, unless you are dead set on a 2P control panel control box. Both the AV6000 & AV7000 are fantastic esp when using the the Sigma TB sticks, I don't have any of the others so can't really comment but I've read numerous reports that the AV5000 is also a very capable unit.

TBH I don't think you will go far wrong with any of the 2L 12B ones in my thread. Obviously I would avoid the 2L6B models as that will limit what you can play unless you want to make extra holes etc.
MDK

Post by MDK »

wonderbanana wrote:This ones on eBay but I don't recognise it from the list: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERGUN-ARCA ... 4ac62d38b7"
That's the psx SKREAM dual stick, the mold looks similar to sega hss-0130 but it lacks the recess for the metal face plate I think -

Internals -
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

If you really want a single panel, two player Supergun, I'd recommend a Sigma Raijin, without question. Excellent piece of hardware, sturdy, great quality, easy to swap parts on.

Otherwise, I'd recommend a Sigma AV5000/7000. Just try to get a Sigma with DB15 and not the round connectors.
Svovl
eBay: clemensnk
Initials: CNK

Post by Svovl »

Thank you all for the recommendations!
I think I have been confirmed in that a Sigma Raijin is a good way to go :-)