Cheap Workbench SuperGun

Everything Supergun related
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover
eBay: 8bitbitch

Cheap Workbench SuperGun

Post by ninn »

Hi!

Since I am modding consoles to my cabinet, I am currently using my cab to test my builds.
I dont like to use my cab as a testing station.

Therefore, I am looking for a small and cheap supergun, that allows me to test my consoles on a seperate Monitor and joystick, - so if something goes horribly wrong, the supergun will blows, and my cab will still be alive. 8-)

I got no experience whatsoever with superguns. Can you recommend me a cheap one, and tell me witch additional tools (e.g. atx powersupply, joysticks) I would need?

I want to use it on an ordinary TV or commodore monitor, pal, ntsc, RGB would ok. I 'd like to use an ordinary console joypad, sega megadrive joypads would be perfect. The cheaper, the better - I dont need high quality, as it will just be used for testing.

Can you tell me what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance,
ninn
Randy and Candy.
currently lazy. must not buy games!
moshpit
Fantasy Zone Finder
Initials: RON

Re: Cheap Workbench SuperGun

Post by moshpit »

WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP IS APPROACHING FAST!
mpoilu

Post by mpoilu »

Really easy to make one if you have a couple of hours, basic soldering skills and can follow a wiring diagramme, teaches you loads too - use a fully wired Jamma loom, a cheap PC power supply, a pre wired Scart cable and a basic arcade stick of your choice. Just follow the many pin outs for Jamma and Scart online and connect everything together. Just need + 5, +12 and gnd from the power supply, R/G/B/sync/audio/ground etc to the scart and the joystick/buttons etc.

I spent ages consolizing a 2 slot MVS but after I bought a 4 slot on here off Kernow
DSCN8655a.jpg
some time back with a Unibios I preferred that - hence the 'Supergun' I put together has a DB connector for a Neo Geo stick, a 3 pin power connector for the ATX power supply and a round DIN for a Scart lead as the connectors then match my CMVS outputs but you could just wire these direct without the connectors. With the NG/Jamma you also need a couple of switchable terminals to deal with the sound differences. Not shown in the pic I added a small board with micro switches for coin/test etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Max. Looking for Neo Geo MVS: ****Pulstar****, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Twinkle Star Sprites
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

You can probably beat this price, but the vogatek superguns work well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330833893402

They come in various flavours, megadrive pads, neo pads, different video output etc. Post a wanted thread and I'm sure someone will have a spare. Around £30gbp is the norm for one of these afaik.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I have a spare that works with Neo controllers.
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover
eBay: 8bitbitch

Post by ninn »

Thanks a lot, guys!

I got my answers, and I am glad that I will not have to shed out several hundred bucks just to test out some games.

Thanks for your suggestions too!

Kind regards,
ninn, happy :angel:
Randy and Candy.
currently lazy. must not buy games!
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington »

Ps, use an arcade PSU rather than a computer one if possible.
all your wiki pages belong to me
Aphextwin
Please Continue...

Post by Aphextwin »

I am trying to purchase a cheap one as well. The problem is finding one! =\