Using a 2 slot MVS mobo on a supergun question

Everything Supergun related
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Using a 2 slot MVS mobo on a supergun question

Post by Paulie »

Upto press I've been using a 1 slot MVS mobo with my Super Gun's but it would be nice to be able to use the memory card supprt that my 2 slot offers.

As MVS pinouts are slightly different to JAMMA pinouts I need to make a little harness to enable me to use my 2 slot MVS Mobo with several of my JAMMA superguns (one of them being a Vogatek MKIV which I've just bought from IDCHAPPY). Basically I'm just checking if this is the correct way of doing things, before I just dive in and bugger something up.

If it is possible I would like to use a JAMMA extension lead for this harness. Because 1) I use one with my SG's anyway to give me a bit extra legnth OOO Missus :palm: and 2) that way I can still use any of the SG's for JAMMA stuff if I just unplug the extension lead.

So my question is if I de solder point `M` on the JAMMA harness of the extension lead and resolder it to any `GND` point on the JAMMA harness extension lead, then plug my 2 slot mobo into the JAMMA endge connector of the extension lead and then plug the finger board of the JAMMA extension lead into the JAMMA edge connector of my SG, will that work or am I missing something.

Cheers
Paulie
Korszca
Assistant Librarian
Re: Using a 2 slot MVS mobo on a supergun question

Post by Korszca »

There's more than just that. They're close, but not quite the same.
You might want to check this out:
http://www.jammaboards.com/store/neogeo ... d_198.html"
You can plug it in and out as needed, and use all your existing wiring as well.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I Know there are more differences between JAMMA and MVS than just the audio, but the 4th button etc, etc are already taken care of so it's just the audio part that I'm concererned with.

I have seen those adaptors before and thats what I would prob pick up if I can't make a harness myself. But it's a lot of money to spend if it's a simple job of desoldering and resolering a couple of wires.

So my question is still the same if I de solder point `M` on the JAMMA harness of the extension lead and resolder it to any `GND` point on the JAMMA harness extension lead, then plug my 2 slot mobo into the JAMMA endge connector of the extension lead and then plug the finger board of the JAMMA extension lead into the JAMMA edge connector of my SG, will that work or am I missing something.

Thanks again
Paulie
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

OK, if you have everything else ready to go, then yes, just desolder the wire on Pin M and solder it to any GND and you'll be set.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Excellent :D

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Paulie