Supergun setup with Lightgun game support

Everything Supergun related
Smraedis
Please Continue...
Initials: .SM

Supergun setup with Lightgun game support

Post by Smraedis »

I'd like to make a setup so I can play lightgun games, mainly to play games that are different to the console versions, Time Crisis 1/2 being the main ones, I'd also like to play Crisis Zone, but from what I see, it uses an arkward gun system, so I don't even know if it'd be possible for that game?

Has anyone had any success with this, or do people just get cabs for such games?

I don't see much information about doing this online, just info about getting Lightguns to work with MAME, which is not what I want.
Hope it's the right forum section for this :D
Korszca
Assistant Librarian
Re: Supergun setup with Lightgun game support

Post by Korszca »

I don't think it's discussed much since they're not JAMMA and I've only heard of superguns that are JAMMA compatible.
With that said, RetroRepair made a YouTube video about converting the original Time Crisis to JAMMA. I figure that you could do that and then just hook it up to any old supergun. The only real caveat I can see is possibly having to hook it up to a real arcade monitor since I'm not certain that it will work with a video converter (though RGB SCART may work fine). Maybe, maybe not; a CRT is a CRT but since this is probably unknown territory I can't say for certain.

HTH
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Be nice to do, I'm thinking its Namco rail shooters for me next.

Quite like to do a TC4 as both PS3 versions had naff guns, but I heard its only 15k ? as its looks quite low rez.
Smraedis
Please Continue...

Post by Smraedis »

Ahh it looks like it'll need quite a bit of effort, I dunno if to wait until I can get a cab.
I'd be more than happy to buy a cab but I can't exactly get one into my current flat :cry:

I'd also like the TC4 arcade, but I've played the game too much, and I actually got good with the rubbish GunCon3 in the end.
Pete
Retired

Post by Pete »

I got the Move version & still found it awkward, guess I'm just too used to arcade gun games, still Dead Storm pirates was good.

Nice little flash game to keep you going:

http://www.games.soft82.com/play/time-c ... ng-mission"

If TC4 was 31k I could just drop it into my Lind cab:

And add the official Sega pedal unit & see how well it plays with the Uzi's.
Smraedis
Please Continue...

Post by Smraedis »

haha wow that flash game is way too slow ;)

I found it a little awkward on the move too, but it was just about accurate enough. Of course I'd have them all on arcade if it was possible!

It would be nice if the game worked with such a cab, but then again I wouldn't mind having HOTD 4 too. Quite a lot of Sega games work on that too, right?
Pete
Retired

Post by Pete »

I think most Sega gun games from the last 10 years would work ok on it with minor adjustments.
Pete
Retired

Post by Pete »

Bit ghetto, but here is my nearly finished Time Crisis home arcade tv-set-up:
tch.jpg
tc.JPG
It will do until I'm bored :awe:
Smraedis
Please Continue...

Post by Smraedis »

Nice one :D yeah that is something what I'd like!
AtermicMaN

Post by AtermicMaN »

Hi there!

My name is Federico, I live in Argentina and I'm new here.

I recently bought a House of the Dead 1 board (Sega Model 2) and right now I'm looking for a JAMMA to RCA converter like the Vogatek Supergun Mk2. But I have been wondering if the lightguns will work with a CRT TV even after the RGBS to RCA conversion, I think the original HotD uses a medium resolution arcade monitor with 25kHz horizontal scan frequency (not so easy to find at my country in good conditions), but I'm not sure if the CRT TVs works in the same way. What do you think? Will it work? I've read that a SCART TV (also very hard to find) could be a better choice because its by-passes all the signal-degrading of the PAL/NTSC decoder and conserves the native resolution from the RGBS signal.

Thanks!