seibuuk
Please Continue...
eBay: supercomuk
Initials: CCS

Powerbase Supergun - Anyone used one?

Post by seibuuk »

Hi gents,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jamma-Supergun-Po ... 3f0a23c93d"

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but curious to know if anyone has used one of these and if the 6 button pads can be wired up for CPS games? Might be handy to have in the bedroom as my woody is a nightmare to pull out of it's place to swap boards.
Some boards I own: Seibu Cup Soccer,SSFII, SFII M5 Hack,Parodius DA!,WWF Wrestlefest, Major Titile,Major Title 2,Golfing Greats,The Simpsons,Euro League
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Re: Powerbase Supergun - Anyone used one?

Post by idc »

Ah, the Powerbase from Datel Electronics. I remember seeing that advertised in video games mags in the early 90s.

I never saw one in the flesh; I remember wanting one as a teenager, but they were very expensive.

As far as I know, they don't have any form of expansion port for attaching a kick harness, so you'd have to add one somehow. You'd also need a JAMMA extension harness, since it might be awkward to attach bigger/bulkier boards do the fixed JAMMA connector on the Powerbase.

Given the astronomical price back then (got to have been around £350 or something like that), I don't think they sold very many - there appears to be next to zero mention of them on the Internet.
ImageImageImageImage