Vogatek Superguns

Everything Supergun related
Soundwave

Vogatek Superguns

Post by Soundwave »

Hey guys,

Fairly simple question really what's the best Vogatek to get??
I'm a little confused by the different model options & need one that can play pretty much everything but at least I want CPS2 & MVS ability.

Will a MkIII be ok or have they gone up to MkIV's yet?

Also is it just a case of buying them direct now as I can't see them on Egay.

Thanks in advance

Neil
Drakon
Please Continue...

Re: Vogatek Superguns

Post by Drakon »

uhm. When you say cps2 and mvs what do you mean exactly? You mean stuff that uses more than 3 buttons like fighting games? From what I've seen the only difference between vogatak models is that some come with chips that convert the buttons into genesis controller signals. Some come with built in s-video encoders. And there's one that lets you change the wiring between jamma and mvs stereo with a switch. Although there's models of the mvs that work on a regular jamma port and give you stereo sound through a seperate connector which I think makes more sense. Vogateks don't seem to be designed for 6 button fighting games. They seem to be built just to play either 3 button mono jamma games ore 4 button stereo mvs systems. So all the models I've seen are pretty much the same thing each with a few small differences. But I've definitely never seen a vogatek that supports more than 4 buttons. And the 4th button would only work on a mvs since cps kick buttons are wired off of a seperate connector which vogatek doesn't support.