Items spotted on eBay

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Re: Items spotted on eBay

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Isn't it normal to receive bootlegs from a seller like yaton?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

PrincessPrinPrin wrote:Isn't it normal to receive bootlegs from a seller like yaton?
Not really, no. Back when he sold a ton of MVS carts, a lot of them had fake labels but the boards were genuine.

He's a good seller. Bought a lot of stuff from him. My guess is those panels are licensed ones made for the Chinese market.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

spmbx wrote:So what was the ebay link / seller ? I'm guessing this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEGA-NEW-NE ... 2540641186

To be fair it does state quite clearly that it's maybe not original so... And looking at the pics it's obvious. You really don't have any basis for complaints or a return imho.
Well, when I saw the ad, I read they came from a "Sega Warehouse", I wasn't aware there were any repros for this model so I trusted he really didn't know and that they came from a Sega warehouse, whatever that meant. But these panels are newly done, not old stock or found in any warehouse, my guess is that he is making them himself, I can't find any other explanation. Browsing through his items I see that all his others panels clearly state original. Why does he know all the others are, but this one he doesn't know? I don't think he has any receipt from Sega for the other ones. I could be wrong, he could in fact not know these were not original, but I highly doubt it, what are the chances that tens of repro panels end in our hands if you are not the maker... But even if I am wrong, why saying they come from a Sega Warehouse, why after I told him he keeps selling them as maybe original...
He should clearly state they are repros, as Alberto does.
Some pics how the Sega logo is not even centered, or the cut on edge, they even have typos, no way you can mistake these by originals:

I don't think I will keep them, the buttons and joysticks are ok, but have no real use for them right now. Rather get a refund and buy some ls32 I need right now. Metal plate is good quality though, mounting plates different, but sturdy nonetheless.
Anyway, I just wanted to warn people in case anyone was doubting.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Is the overlay foil backed? I still think those are legitimate. The metal panel looks a lot like an OEM Blast 1p panel I have.

Yaton sells a lot of NOS stuff as well. He sold 10 genuine unused Monkey Ball kits like two weeks ago.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

nem wrote:Is the overlay foil backed? I still think those are legitimate. The metal panel looks a lot like an OEM Blast 1p panel I have.

Yaton sells a lot of NOS stuff as well. He sold 10 genuine unused Monkey Ball kits like two weeks ago.
They are not, some spots are shaded darker than others, the cut quality is really poor, and it has typos, originals don't have typos. He has original stuff, thats why I assume he knows this were not.
eggsanwich
Please Continue...
Initials: egg

Post by eggsanwich »

Yaton recently reached an agreement with an old Sega warehouse in China to sell out their old inventory.

Most stuff is original, but some stuff like this CP falls into a bit of grey area. These are usually "licensed by sega" which means they had the legal license to reproduce the item for the Chinese market. So not quite bootleg, but probably not as original as you were hoping. Hopefully you are able to resolve with him.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

eggsanwich wrote:Yaton recently reached an agreement with an old Sega warehouse in China to sell out their old inventory.

Most stuff is original, but some stuff like this CP falls into a bit of grey area. These are usually "licensed by sega" which means they had the legal license to reproduce the item for the Chinese market. So not quite bootleg, but probably not as original as you were hoping. Hopefully you are able to resolve with him.
I really don't know what deal he has, but selling stuff from a Sega warehouse is quite different than selling Sega stuff from a warehouse , which I am afraid is the case. I would be amazed if this came from a Sega warehouse, if it is Sega it is Sega quality, how would Sega stock art with spelling mistakes when the originals has not. About licensing I am only aware of Vewlix, probably because they were manufactured in China and somehow they loose the control over they IP maybe blue prints got stolen together with the ease of copying the design and Taito chose Licensing them as a last resort fro banking on those, not sure. Namco Noir is also out there in the Chinese Market, but not licensed. I don't see Sega having any need of licensing NNC overlays, specially when none of their 90 Japanese cabs had the Vewlix problem, China knockoffs were not licensed and very far in built quality and materials, the most famous ones are based on Blast City, and never seen a Chinese licensed Blast or Astro panel. I think New Net City or Naomi don't have Chinese knock off or licensed version.
Add to that the typos, different overlay material, the cut quality (with chunks of the bottom layer not well cut and hanging from the panel), the definition (with the background globe with not the same image, or the SEGA displaced logo), and ink quality (with uneven black black spots instead of gradually fading and bold areas in the black frame). What is there left to judge as original?
Licensed products such as Astro or Blast say so "licensed by Sega" and the quality is almost 1:1. I do think his other products are original, but he is trying to pass these ones as original too, as a matter of fact I have already told him and he keeps posting them as "not sure".
I wouldn't mind keeping one overlay as a spare, maybe for couple of euros, but I feel the ad wasn't done in good faith, and that is why he keeps selling them as "unsure". I just can't find one single argument pointing these have anything to do with Sega.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Have you seen the stuff available in the Chinese market? Lack of quality control in many areas.

Hell, those could have been a single run made by a bad supplier and just sat in the warehouse unused.

Not being happy with the quality is one thing, but it's impossible to say original or not in this case.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

cools wrote:Have you seen the stuff available in the Chinese market? Lack of quality control in many areas.

Hell, those could have been a single run made by a bad supplier and just sat in the warehouse unused.

Not being happy with the quality is one thing, but it's impossible to say original or not in this case.
Ok, what would you look at to check if it is original. I want to know myself.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

That's the thing with this particular overlay, you can't prove either way. The only provenance it has is that it's from a Sega warehouse.

Sega themselves no longer produce NNC parts, and haven't for a long time. Perhaps there was old stock to shift in China that needed 1P NNC panels knocked up?

It's all speculation.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

I understand, as you said it is all speculations. Thing is, everything points in the same direction. All defects that a repro can have apply here and nothing points they have anything to do with Sega. "If it walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, the it probably is a duck". I'll try to post more pics so people can judge by themselves, maybe someone is interested in buying, I ordered a few thinking they were original :lol:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Post by Flinnster »

Is that a booty mcbootface? :eh:

Edit: (yup seems so)
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Flinnster wrote:
Is that a booty mcbootface? :eh:

Edit: (yup seems so)

:lol:
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

Anyone else real sick of seeing that £1600 martial masters.
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

God yeah. Use to be £1800
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

trev1976 wrote:God yeah. Use to be £1800
Yeah. Maybe in a couple of years it'll be down to normal price.
Can you block sellers? Then I wouldn't have to see it.
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Post by Flinnster »

Yep! Damned right... shows up every ruddy week. :cry:
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Post by NoAffinity »

Not sure if this is of any interest or use to anyone on here, but it caught my eye so I thought I'd post it.

TOEI flyback

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOEI-FLYBACK-TC ... QZB0KdSUow
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »