Blue Elf 2 now out - impressions?

Everything Emulator related
plopboy
Please Continue...
eBay: Plopboy
Initials: TEG

Re: Blue Elf 2 now out - impressions?

Post by plopboy »

I just saw on on ebay and was really tempted, but since I'm mainly into CPS2 and CPS3 games I'm glad I did a quick search on here. Very disappointing but then again these things tend to be too good to be true :(
jonny

Post by jonny »

I purchased on of these boards with the intent of using it mainly as a multi-puzzle game board and to play the more playable-simpler games.

Anyhoo, regardless of why or why not people buy this board...

I got it and no controls are working. The board boots up, demo video and sound work, but contils are unresponsive. As stated in this thread earlier, buttons 1,2,3 work out of the box on jamma, if you want 4/5/6 you need to add wires to the jamma edge or make an adapter.

So yea, I have no working controls. Anyone who's fiddled with these boards have any idea? I haven't cracked it open yet but I intend to. Thoughts?
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

unhook both pins at 27 (second from last) on both sides of your Jamma harness

It needs to be coined up before you can select games etc
kruton6

Post by kruton6 »

Heya, I found this thread via google because I have a BLUE Elf 309 and it's completely in the Chinese language. I ended up having to re-wire the cabinet so I haven't gotten to play with the settings yet but I was wondering do they all start out in Chinese and you can change this in the settings or did I just get a Chinese version and I'm just screwed?

Thanks for the help!
JoeTeach
Please Continue...

Post by JoeTeach »

Figured that this has been out for a while now and people might have some better impressions of it.

I'm not great at fighting games so split second timing, parries etc don't matter too much to me. If I got one of these I'd be more likely to play the shooters and Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop etc type puzzle games.

I am not daft enough to expect arcade perfection, but for a bit of fun with mates and the kids, is this playable? Also, what's with the chinese menus? Can you get it to display in english? Thanks.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

It's playable aye, if you're prepared to live with frameskip on every game, and black bars and shrunk screens on the tate games.

CPS3 stuff is not playable...

The menus are english by default.

You will also have to modify a standard jamma harness to get it to work properly
JoeTeach
Please Continue...

Post by JoeTeach »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not sure what effect the frame skip would have. Is it worth trying out mame on similar settings to check? What is the frame skip set to? Every other frame?
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

It's set to Auto, so it varies, average every other frame on MVS for example, more on CPS2 or on any game with a lot going on
JoeTeach
Please Continue...

Post by JoeTeach »

Thanks, I'll try some similar settings on MAME and see if it's passable. Appreciate your help.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Downclock your CPU to about 233Mhz, that should do it :awe:
JoeTeach
Please Continue...

Post by JoeTeach »

Ha ha! That good huh?
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Pretty much :awe:
kingka
eBay: kingkirby77

Post by kingka »

I just got blue elf 2...... and it's really sad.
it's great if your starting off, but after you play it and compare it to any thing else....it suck!
the sound is not good.
but the game play is fun, if you like street fight II and kof games.
I really hope they redo it and make it better.
paterique

Post by paterique »

hi Guys, i just purchased this and trying to make it work on my xmen vs street fighter machine.....
everything seems to boot up but the controls dont work at all.....i can insert cons with no problems but
nothing else responds.....somebody mentionned that i need to disconnect both pins 27 from the jamma harness..would that solve my problem?

thanks in advance for the help
emdkay

Post by emdkay »

paterique wrote:hi Guys, i just purchased this and trying to make it work on my xmen vs street fighter machine.....
everything seems to boot up but the controls dont work at all.....i can insert cons with no problems but
nothing else responds.....somebody mentionned that i need to disconnect both pins 27 from the jamma harness..would that solve my problem?

thanks in advance for the help
The blue elf pinout is not 100% jamma:

You need one of these adapters:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/elect ... apter.html"

I have one of these hooked up to my blue elf in a jamma cabinet.
caincan

Post by caincan »

:problem:

well temptation is bad, i've tested it in an arcade.. well that was fair for some games, so i wanted one to check .. sure many games are atrocious (the "Tate" games :sick: ), and many have slowndowns, cps1 are "correct"..

but my problem is about the total listing, i "only" have 25 pages of games... and i saw some pictures on internet , with 30 pages ?! what is the command or trick to reset the bluelf2 and get all the games choices ?

thankkks :awe:
sjorspion

Post by sjorspion »

Good day,

Yes, i'm new, so here's a very short introduction: I'm Sjors from the netherlands :awe: ;)
and i'm a noob in the arcade scene :wtf:
just recieved my cabinet with the blue elf 2009 v2.0 cart today.
and I have a question about six buttons support with the blue elf.

@ Kungfumaster: I saw that you have wired the kickbuttons with the blue elf. do you maybe have some pictures of it or and how-to? :oops:

greetz,
Sjors