JVS-PAC feature requests

Everything Emulator related
Dache

Re: JVS-PAC feature requests

Post by Dache »

Fair nuff, interested to give it a go when you're happy with it!
DrChaos
Please Continue...

Post by DrChaos »

Hi again,

I got a JVSPAc Rev 1.6 now and flashed the PS3 Firmware. It seems to work fine, I could get my old MALA frontend to work with the sticks and buttons. However, I am not able to map the buttons within Mame, although joystick input is enabled. Not even the buttons are recognised. Did I miss something?
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Post by skate323k137 »

invzim wrote:yes and no, the one originally planned for the latest batch was pulled because it had issues - new version is basically ready, but haven't put it out for download yet.
Will the new version have an option for a mapping without the ALT key? I'm loving the JVS-PAC for MAME but I can't play any type X games or a lot of windows games without half of them pausing whenever left alt (button 2 on 1p side) is pressed. I have to play games from the 2p side and can't play with a friend.
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

skate323k137 wrote:
invzim wrote:yes and no, the one originally planned for the latest batch was pulled because it had issues - new version is basically ready, but haven't put it out for download yet.
Will the new version have an option for a mapping without the ALT key? I'm loving the JVS-PAC for MAME but I can't play any type X games or a lot of windows games without half of them pausing whenever left alt (button 2 on 1p side) is pressed. I have to play games from the 2p side and can't play with a friend.
Try p1start+p1button 4. Totally unsupported..
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Post by skate323k137 »

Thanks, I can give that a shot. I take it I'll need to have shift keys enabled for that, correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers.

edit; that should do the trick :D
tinchen3112

Post by tinchen3112 »

More Buttons in PS3 Mode.....

The PS3 Mode is in my opinion the only really useable Mode for a modern Cab-PC, cause with the Keyboard Mode (Alt,Strg) there are many Problems with many games (Typex + 2 , Steam Games and so on),
My Wish would be , more Button in the ps3 profile (button for coin, test, service) and with Jumper 2 More Programable Button instead of Layout Change, .The Shift mode on Jumper 2 is in my opinion not good to use, cause if your´re playing and press a wrong button in combination with start you load a different Button profile.
The Good thing is, in PS3 Mode you can play nearly every Modern Game in your cab in combination of the tool X360ce, so if threre would be this 3 button added (coin,test,service) the jvspac would be the perfect match, a x360 padhack would be totally unnecessary (imho)

I think many People prefer to Play actual Games like Mortal Kombat X, Ultra Street Fighter 4 (soon 5), and many cool Stream Games (Strider Remastered, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Giana Sisters tD......) on their Vewlix/Noir/Lindy Cab, instead of 15 khz Mame Games....
invzim

Post by invzim »

Afraid that would open up a pandoras box of support requests.. People are already asking for remapped keys etc because a FRONT-END doesn't like the default mame keys - IMO those requests should go to the authors of the front-end and not the hardware guy :) Same with button remap, it's a software thing.

The JVS-PAC has always been meant to be a simple plug&play device.

I'll have a (brief) look at the extra buttons, but stuff like coin will be an issue as there is no "coin-signal" in JVS - but rather a state of available credits, so already there it's something that is not simple and straightforward.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

tinchen3112 wrote:actual Games... instead of 15 khz Mame Games....
:cry:
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

tinchen3112 wrote:actual Games... instead of 15 khz Mame Games....
Ice cold
Inky
eBay: Technical_medic
Initials: SCH

Post by Inky »

invzim wrote:
skate323k137 wrote:
Try p1start+p1button 4. Totally unsupported..
I thought I might weigh in here - I hadn't realised so many people were having this problem.

I use hyperspin as a front end and launcher and it uses AutoHotKey scripts to launch each game or emulator including TYPE X games and within the script you can remap keys including Left and Right ALT keys - so I just swapped them on launch - there's also plenty of windows key mappers that can do the same thing with a more blanket approach more simply. Just remember this when you need to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete!

I have a library of these that make the JVS-PAC compatible with almost any emulator or game in MAME mode (except STEAM) I'd be happy to share the code or script. But they are all configured specifically to my system, you'd have to edit them yourself. PM if your interested.

If I remember rightly the biggest trouble I had was using the correct AutoHotKey version with hyperspin. Then it's some relatively simple programming commands.
Last edited by Inky on September 22nd, 2015, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inky
eBay: Technical_medic
Initials: SCH

Post by Inky »

invzim wrote:Afraid that would open up a pandoras box of support requests.. People are already asking for remapped keys etc because a FRONT-END doesn't like the default mame keys - IMO those requests should go to the authors of the front-end and not the hardware guy :) Same with button remap, it's a software thing.

The JVS-PAC has always been meant to be a simple plug&play device.

I'll have a (brief) look at the extra buttons, but stuff like coin will be an issue as there is no "coin-signal" in JVS - but rather a state of available credits, so already there it's something that is not simple and straightforward.
Any chance of a PS button as per my notes and links on the previous page?

Thanks
Mokum
Please Continue...
eBay: noizer2k3
Initials: MKM

Post by Mokum »

I didn't really want to open a new thread so I hope my request fits in here: for some reasons the lower row of NNC's buttons (which, I guess, are buttons 4, 5 and 6) doesn't work.
I tried setting them up in MAME's options using the keyboard keys but still can't make them work...
Is it something firmware related? Like I need to update it?
Is it anything else I can't figure out?
alienmame wrote:Christ on a bike man
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

They are all connected to the JVS IO properly and work with a normal JVS game?
Mokum
Please Continue...
eBay: noizer2k3
Initials: MKM

Post by Mokum »

cools wrote:They are all connected to the JVS IO properly and work with a normal JVS game?
Yep, I've tried connecting a NAOMI 1 motherboard and a JVS game and in test mode they all work fine...
alienmame wrote:Christ on a bike man
Dache

Post by Dache »

My request at this point is for the new firmware to be released :awe:

Actually, there is one bug with the JVS-PAC that's been annoying me since I got it. Sometimes the controls will go wonky on P2's side when P1 presses Start, if P2 was pressing any buttons or doing anything at the moment the button was pressed.

Stuff like a button thinking it's being held down, or a stick being held in a certain direction. For example, in brawlers, P2 will be holding right to move their character, P1 presses start to continue, P2 releases the stick but it still registers as being pressed. Same thing for buttons when playing schmups, I find.

Pressing P1 Start + B5 resets the control layout to default and fixes it, but it's a pain having to call out for P1 to do that every time the controls break.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Disable shift functions, should sort that out.
Mrhide
Initials: MRH

Post by Mrhide »

Dache wrote:My request at this point is for the new firmware to be released :awe:

Actually, there is one bug with the JVS-PAC that's been annoying me since I got it. Sometimes the controls will go wonky on P2's side when P1 presses Start, if P2 was pressing any buttons or doing anything at the moment the button was pressed.

Stuff like a button thinking it's being held down, or a stick being held in a certain direction. For example, in brawlers, P2 will be holding right to move their character, P1 presses start to continue, P2 releases the stick but it still registers as being pressed. Same thing for buttons when playing schmups, I find.

Pressing P1 Start + B5 resets the control layout to default and fixes it, but it's a pain having to call out for P1 to do that every time the controls break.
well thanks for that "fix" ! I was wondering if I was going crazy but I think you just explained *exactly* the only issue I have with it! :)
invzim

Post by invzim »

So.. If you initiate a shift-key process (1pstart), and button activity is intense - things may get screwed up?
Dache

Post by Dache »

Seems so? I don't know for sure if it's only if a certain amount of inputs are active at the time or if it happens with only one input, I haven't tested it that extensively. It's only P2's controls that get messed up though, and the amount of active P2 inputs at the time of P1 Start being pressed appears to be irrelevant.

It doesn't matter so much when it comes to VS games like fighters or puzzlers, because P1 only hits Start between matches, but for games where the gameplay carries on while a player can continue, it happens very regularly. I've ended up making a conscious choice to not press any buttons when I see that P1 needs to continue on those kinds of games (as I'm usually on the P2 side these days).
Mrhide
Initials: MRH

Post by Mrhide »

Dache wrote:Seems so? I don't know for sure if it's only if a certain amount of inputs are active at the time or if it happens with only one input, I haven't tested it that extensively. It's only P2's controls that get messed up though, and the amount of active P2 inputs at the time of P1 Start being pressed appears to be irrelevant.

It doesn't matter so much when it comes to VS games like fighters or puzzlers, because P1 only hits Start between matches, but for games where the gameplay carries on while a player can continue, it happens very regularly. I've ended up making a conscious choice to not press any buttons when I see that P1 needs to continue on those kinds of games (as I'm usually on the P2 side these days).
I play dodonpachis with my son and he ends up not beeing able to go down .... or go left ... so only one side of the joy appears to not work.
I wondered if the game was the issue but no, it happens on multiple games.

Don't get me wrong: I love the jvs-pac!