hi
I would like to know more about the typex emulator

thanks
Arcade's nice when done well
Korszca
Assistant Librarian
Re: type-x emulator

Post by Korszca »

It's not really an emulator per se, more like a JVS I/O spoofer.
It's laggy and generally not worth it. Most of those games have PC or console versions anyway.
Lunatico
Please Continue...
eBay: elpepino24

Post by Lunatico »

Well , with a decent computer I have seen pretty impressive results in 2d games . As Korszca said its not an emulator ,Type X hardware is windows based so the games are hacked to run on that OS.

Also I think that a better solution is hooking the cabinet to a console because is far easier to get it right and plenty of the games are on xbox360 or the playstation 3.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Lunatico wrote:Well , with a decent computer I have seen pretty impressive results in 2d games . As Korszca said its not an emulator ,Type X hardware is windows based so the games are hacked to run on that OS.
You still have the problem of lag from your input to the game. Ask KevinDDR about that, he once went on a whole rant on IRC about it (more reason why you should all be hanging out in IRC).
Lunatico wrote:Also I think that a better solution is hooking the cabinet to a console because is far easier to get it right and plenty of the games are on xbox360 or the playstation 3.
As much as I dislike consoles in cabs, I'd much prefer to see it than what is essentially a glorified MAME cab.
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Post by erzane »

ok thanks
Arcade's nice when done well