Nanao Ms-29A & Advancemame

Everything Emulator related
Rockman
Please Continue...
Nanao Ms-29A & Advancemame

Post by Rockman »

Hi.

I'm in the process of restoration of my second cab, a new astro city :) and i have a lot of questions :P.
Someone uses Nanao MS-9 & advancemame configuration in your candy?
I'm looking for tecnical specs of the monitor for the "device_video_clock"(pixel clock) for configure the software, but I do not find anything online.
(5-100 pixel clock range, 15.5-15.9 Khz, 45-70Hz p.e.)
I have experience in setting advancemame (with my other cab) but in my other machine have a hantarex polo star and i have the manual which indicates these values.
Someone have these technical specs¿?

I do not know whether to users of the forum, is a sacrilege to use emulators with our machines. :P
On my other machine there is no difference between using an original pcb and the emulator (with hours of tweakings and configs)

Thanks in advance :)
invzim
eBay: prrole

Re: Nanao Ms-29A & Advancemame

Post by invzim »

The pixelclock is from the video source, not the monitor. The MS-29A is a normal 15khz fixed frequency monitor.

I have written some stuff about video timing here:
http://kirurg.org/emame/timing/"

I strongly advice against advancemame and making "custom modes" without fully understanding what you are doing.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
Rockman
Please Continue...

Post by Rockman »

THANKS you invzim for your technical reply :)

I'm reading your interesting site. I'm sorry with my mistake with pixelclock, I thought it was limited by the monitor and is limited to the video board. He had not looked at the manual of my HANTAREX years ago :P. VERY technical site and I do not understand half the things of which you talk. C code etc¿? :think:

Thanks. You are a scientist in the matter ;)

My first cabinet is from 2001....long time ago :P. And i have configured it with advancemame/Ms Dos (oldschool style). With a lot of work creating custom resolution/refresh rates for my games with my trisync monitor (polo star) and a arcade vga (the first model i think, ati Rad7000). With this i obtained a perfect resolutions and perfect sync for my favourite games, with no diference with the original pcb. :)

Now i have a another cab to configure... and i dont like the windows based configs with a Hundreds of emulators and very good looking front ends but but then without getting completely perfect video modes. I do not know if any current alternative ways to deliver the perfect video and current versions of mame. I have heard of SDL mame I think that works with Linux, but not if you really can achieve the same results as AdvanceMAME. And I have to find it tutorials (step by step) for installation.). Or i don't know if have any windows alternative? ¿ Or the best option is still AdvanceMAME?

Sorry i'm a old school and disorientated user :?

:)
MonkeyJug
Please Continue...

Post by MonkeyJug »

Hey Rockman, check out Groovymame over at BYOAC...
I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being. It happened in the summer of 1959 - a long time ago, but only if you measure in terms of years...
Rockman
Please Continue...

Post by Rockman »

Thanks Monkeyjug i will read for Groovymame in BYOAC forum. :) I have to learn linux: S

:)
Rockman
Please Continue...

Post by Rockman »

Hey!

What range of horizontal frequencies can handle the Nanao ms9-29A for configure the software? only 15.75 Khz?
My other hantarex polo star can handle 15.2 Khz to 16.2 Khz range.

Someone have technical specs of the monitor?

Thanks in advance.
MonkeyJug
Please Continue...

Post by MonkeyJug »

i don't know the ranges for your monitor, but if you install the linux live-cd, you should be pretty much good to go with the hantarex preset if you have a MTC 9110...

it's definitely worth perservering with the linux option, because once setup correctly, you should never have to make any adjustments when changing games in mame (or at least very minimal adjustments)
I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being. It happened in the summer of 1959 - a long time ago, but only if you measure in terms of years...
Rockman
Please Continue...

Post by Rockman »

Someone have mame with your NAC or similar and how do you do it? Mame windows, advancemame, groovymame ?¿