model3 emulator out

Everything Emulator related
philbee
Please Continue...

model3 emulator out

Post by philbee »

get it here http://www.trzy.org/Supermodel/WhatsNew.html

runs pretty well, no sound emu as of yet though but some games are playable
I just tested scud racer and daytona2 and while they do run close to 50 frames per sec, at times, it drops to 30 but maybe its just my pc.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian
Re: model3 emulator out

Post by Korszca »

Saw this yesterday, looks very cool. Don't have any Model 3 ROMs to try it out, but that is incredibly fast work in four months.
philbee
Please Continue...

Post by philbee »

i just tried virtua striker 2 98 edition, its very playable as long as you dont mind having sound missing.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

I tried looking around the site to see why there is no sound but can't seem to find an explanation.
It also looks like they intentionally have underclocked the PowerPC chip that powers the Model 3. You may have better results by clocking the PowerPC higher.
Sobriquet
Please Continue...
eBay: kaff_white

Post by Sobriquet »

Korszca wrote:I tried looking around the site to see why there is no sound but can't seem to find an explanation.
There's no real technical barrier (e.g. undumped/undumpable prgoam code, unknown/undocumented chips etc). It's just that noone has got it working in the past (it never worked in SuperModel or MAME AFAIK) even though all the pieces are there, and presumably it's not highest on Bart's list. He's been focusing on making improvements to the rendering and video understanding primarily, a usable emulator and speed (it's sill using an interpreter even though those guys wrote one of the earlier dynarec cores originally) coming later. He posts technical progress on the mameworld forums and shares progress with the Demul guys and Ville who are both working on their own Model3 emus on and off.
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

Let's hope by the end of this year model3 has come even further and were playing very nice versions of what have been for a long time, quite rare racers.... :awe:
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!
philbee
Please Continue...

Post by philbee »

Sobriquet wrote:
Korszca wrote:I tried looking around the site to see why there is no sound but can't seem to find an explanation.
from the update on his site:
So where to from now? Besides boosting compatibility, the really big things left to do are sound, a dynamic recompiler for the PowerPC, and a proper user interface. I'm not yet sure how I'm going to prioritize these things, but I'm leaning toward tackling sound first.

way-hay :awe:
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Sobriquet wrote: There's no real technical barrier (e.g. undumped/undumpable prgoam code, unknown/undocumented chips etc). It's just that noone has got it working in the past (it never worked in SuperModel or MAME AFAIK) even though all the pieces are there, and presumably it's not highest on Bart's list. He's been focusing on making improvements to the rendering and video understanding primarily, a usable emulator and speed (it's sill using an interpreter even though those guys wrote one of the earlier dynarec cores originally) coming later. He posts technical progress on the mameworld forums and shares progress with the Demul guys and Ville who are both working on their own Model3 emus on and off.
That's fair. I'm not really on the up and up with the emulation scene, so I was just wondering what the reasons were.
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

New version of supermodel out with sound!! :awe:

http://www.supermodel3.com/"

Setting it up takes a wee while but there's a new GUI on the way as we speak....ffb support too!! 8-)
philbee
Please Continue...

Post by philbee »

iv'e been trying it out, great job.
was in vegas recently and came across an arcade in the bottom of the MGM, i had a quick go on star wars and loved it. fun game, replicated very well by this emu. :awe:
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

philbee wrote:iv'e been trying it out, great job.
was in vegas recently and came across an arcade in the bottom of the MGM, i had a quick go on star wars and loved it. fun game, replicated very well by this emu. :awe:
I remember they had a nice arcade at the New York, New York in Vegas too!...just before you got on that scary rollercoster!! :lol: :awe:

Have you configured all your controllers yet philbee??? Taking a while for me but a GUI is on the way so I may wait!! :think:
philbee
Please Continue...

Post by philbee »

havnt had time to test the controllers yet.
i'm using this frontend http://www.supermodel3.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18
the problem i have is that its 800x600 res, i've been struggling to get it to 640x480 for the naomi screen.
i can do it via command line but i want the frontend to do it.

I was in that arcade in new york new york just before i got on that coaster
my knees were shaking so bad after the second time :)
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

philbee wrote:havnt had time to test the controllers yet.
i'm using this frontend http://www.supermodel3.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18
the problem i have is that its 800x600 res, i've been struggling to get it to 640x480 for the naomi screen.
i can do it via command line but i want the frontend to do it.

Yeah im using that frontend, but I think im gonna have to go back to command line to configure all the controls!! Bugger!! :problem:
Unusual it doesn't support 640x480 on the frontend, I would have thought that would have been an essential... :think:

Tbh the frontend could do with some more configuration abilities tied in with the global settings but other than that it's looking awesome!! :awe:
:lol: :lol: Yeah me too!! The "BIG SHOT" scared the crap outta me more though!! :D