General help around MESS (Multiple Emulator Super System).

Everything Emulator related
niconiconico
Please Continue...
Initials: AAA

General help around MESS (Multiple Emulator Super System).

Post by niconiconico »

I have looked into everywhere to see if something was dedicated to this emulator who "looks" to be the utlimate solution regarding the consoles emulation (imo better than a frontend if it is well organised), and nothing appeared.

Every tip, help, config., are welcome.

I will start by few questions for those who used to deal with MESS:

1) How do you guys, got rid of the listing of "non-interesting" systems into the available system list? Do we have "again" to go through a personal compilation?

2) Where can we download the proper roms to be able to have them recognized by MESS? For example i take Aladdin for Snes, i have the rom for the dedicated Snes emulators, but can't have it recognized and listed through MESS (aladdin.zip), even if i rename the rom and it's origin (EUR, US, Japanese, etc).

3) I don't know for you, but when i mount an image for an Snes or a MD game, there's a damn lag in game! Is there something i have missed for the optimisation or that i do badly?

Cheers!
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Re: General help around MESS (Multiple Emulator Super System

Post by davewellington »

MESS is a MESS :) besides for obscure computer emulation, you're much better off using system dedicated emulators.
all your wiki pages belong to me
joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade »

davewellington wrote:MESS is a MESS :) besides for obscure computer emulation, you're much better off using system dedicated emulators.
:lol: Yeah tbh i have to agree, although i did manage to get vectrex working successfully through mess with all the overlays!! :awe:
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

joeblade wrote:
:lol: Yeah tbh i have to agree, although i did manage to get vectrex working successfully through mess with all the overlays!! :awe:
Well done d00d.

A feat which illuded me.

Cheers,

Ralph.